Skip to main content

Self Portrait and portrait Intro

Best Tips:
1. It is okay to break the rules of composition
2. Canids with consent can create intimacy in a photo


Types of Portraits
Environmental portraits

I chose this photo because I like the vignette effect, and how that draws attention to the subject. This picture is well executed, and the focus on the woman and her dog are very sharp.

I chose this photo because I like how it's black and white. I think photographing people in black and white makes the image more dramatic, which I appreciate.

Self-portraits

I chose this photo because I think it is very creative and an out of the box idea. I like how only half of the subjects face is illuminated, and the polaroids on his face add a neat touch.


I chose this photo because her pose is very unique, elegant, and it's something I have never seen before. I like how soft the background is and the shadows made by her hands and forearms.

Casual Portraits 

I chose this photo because the way the subject is posed is satisfying to me. I like how the picture looks very relaxed.


I chose this photo because I like the angle it was taken at. I love how the picture looks glowy, and how black her jacket is.


My plan for a successful self-portrait

        For my portrait project, I will be photographing myself; I will be creating a self-portrait. I plan to take my picture from a bird's eye view and slightly behind my right shoulder. I'm also going to tilt my head so you can see my face a little bit because the back of my head isn't that intriguing. In this image, I will also be drawing a portrait taken by one of my favourite photographers: Jean Pierrot, or Cameron Hammond. I enjoy drawing, and my passion is portrait photography, so by including those two aspects in my photograph, I think it'll be easy to justify what I like to do. I also plan on taking this photo outside, because I do like the outdoors quite a bit.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACADEMIC SHOOT REFLECTION

CHOOSING A BOOK In this photograph, I demonstrate the rule of balance. The subject in this image is the student. I think it is somewhat clear that the subject in this image is the student, but  it could also be the books. I should have had her more in focus. CONVERSATION AMONGST WORLD HISTORY STUDENTS I think this photo is framed well. The Subjects in this image are the two boys in the blue plaid and red, grey, and black hoodie. I do not think it is very clear who the subjects are because of the side angle this photo was taken at, so I should have taken it from a different angle. PEER REFLECTION This image depicts simplicity. I think it is clear that the subject is the girl wearing the dark blue flannel and the girl in the black shirt because they are the most in-focus.  WORKING LIBRARIAN  This photograph demonstrates the rule of thirds. There is not much going on in the centre of the image. It is clear that the subject is the librar...

Portfolios Pt. 2

Do not agree: I do not agree with the fac that "there's no crying in sports photography." An athlete in tears after a game was lost has a similar impact as a photo of a celebrating athlete after a game is won. Agree: The tobogganing photo is beauiful. There's a nice light to it and the trees in the background add a nice touch. Great dynamics.