Skip to main content

2019-– Review of 2018

3 of my favourite photos

This is one of my favourite photos because it is vibrant and colourful. I also like the powerful energy this photo gives off.


This is an important photo because it shows the last male, white rhino... dead. This image shows that if we are not respectful of nature, more and more animal species will face extinction.


This is one of my favourite photos because I used to love and support Ally Raisman when I was in gymnastics. As well as that, I was thrilled that she decided to take matters to court instead of accepting the bribe she was offered to keep things private.


Best song of 2018
Pretty Girl- Clairo

I really liked the artist Clairo for most of 2018. I say "for most of" because she has not come out with any new songs lately, and I get tired of music quickly. However, I liked this song for the longest time compared to any other song. Clairo's style of music is very unique and can be played in almost any chill setting (like hanging out at the beach with friends or long car rides).

Best movie of 2018
A Star is Born

In my opinion, "A Star is Born" was the best movie of 2018 because of all the emotions I felt when watching it. It was one of the only movies I could really get into, and one of the few I actually cared about enough to remember. Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga both have amazing voices, and I really liked Gaga's singing style, as it was very different from what she puts out on the regular. The movie had a very sad ending, but I think that's part of what made "A Star is Born" such a good movie.

Most Important News Article
Border Children: Immigrant families in crisis

This article was the most important article in 2018 because it is essential to note that immigrant families are most of the time in bad (physical) condition when they arrive in America, and it's as if President doesn't bother to take note of that, and shoos them from the border often in violent ways.

Most Important Person of 2018
March for Our Lives activists

I think March for Our Lives activists were the most important people in 2018. By protesting and taking action on the gun control issue, they are developing a safer future. Not only are they taking action, but they are also teaching younger children that guns are not toys, and that school will be a safe place for them. Hopefully, because of the March for Our Lives activists, acts of gun violence will be almost eliminated, and students on campus will feel safe and protected.

Biggest entertainment person of 2018

I think Alex Lawther was the most relevant actor of 2018. He was in the blockbuster series "Black Mirror" and "The End of The F****** World." Both of those shows are a favourite of mine, and Alex Lawther was an actor in both of them.
_________________________________________________________________________________

1) Over the break, I went ice-skating downtown with my sister and bother. We had a great time in spite of the fact that none of us can ice skate. I also got a TV, which I am very greatful for.

2) My 2019 resolutions are mostly academic. This year, idealy, I want to get straight A's. But more importantly, I need to not be hard on myself if I don't achieve that goal, because then I will lose motivation. I want to study some every day, so I never have to cram the night before. However, I also want to make sure that I'm not overworking myself while tying to maintain my goals.

3) I'm happy that I have a fresh start. I'm looking forward to bettering myself and becoming the person I want to be.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACADEMIC SHOOT REFLECTION

CHOOSING A BOOK In this photograph, I demonstrate the rule of balance. The subject in this image is the student. I think it is somewhat clear that the subject in this image is the student, but  it could also be the books. I should have had her more in focus. CONVERSATION AMONGST WORLD HISTORY STUDENTS I think this photo is framed well. The Subjects in this image are the two boys in the blue plaid and red, grey, and black hoodie. I do not think it is very clear who the subjects are because of the side angle this photo was taken at, so I should have taken it from a different angle. PEER REFLECTION This image depicts simplicity. I think it is clear that the subject is the girl wearing the dark blue flannel and the girl in the black shirt because they are the most in-focus.  WORKING LIBRARIAN  This photograph demonstrates the rule of thirds. There is not much going on in the centre of the image. It is clear that the subject is the librar...

Portfolios Pt. 2

Do not agree: I do not agree with the fac that "there's no crying in sports photography." An athlete in tears after a game was lost has a similar impact as a photo of a celebrating athlete after a game is won. Agree: The tobogganing photo is beauiful. There's a nice light to it and the trees in the background add a nice touch. Great dynamics.