Skip to main content

Phobia Project

What is a phobia?
A phobia is a rational or irrational fear of someone or something. The fear is so extreme that one may be entirely consumed by it.

Name and define 5 phobias
1) Aurophobia is the fear of gold.
2) Carnophobia is the fear of meat.
3) Iatrophobia is the fear of going to the doctor.
4) Lachanophobia is the fear of vegetables.
5) Ophthalmophobia is the fear of being stared at.


Ideas for my phobia shoot:
Fear of death
What am I shooting?: I'll be shooting a black and white image of a dead tree from reasonably far away, and have my model kneeling next to it as if she were crying for help. I'll also be shooting at sunset or at night 
Location- my backyard or a field with a dead tree
Props- My sister, Allie
Format- horizontal 
Subject placement- I want the tree more to the left of the image and the model nearby
Background- hopefully, nothing much will be behind my subjects besides a few other trees in the distance.
POV- I think I'll shoot at a dutch angle, so the photo looks kind of hectic
Lighting- I'm shooting at sunset, so the lighting is soft
Clothing- I'll either have Allie dressed in black, or this dress that my mom has that looks really earthy.
Subject- I'll have my model kneeling next to the tree as if she were crying for help
    D. In literature, a sunset symbolizes something that was once alive fading. In this case, it will symbolize the end of something as precious as life. The picture will also feel kind of melancholy because it'll be in black and white.


Ophthalmophobia- the fear of being stared at.
What am I shooting?: I'll be shooting a black and white lowkey image in which I capture the essence that someone is lurking in the distance, staring at my subject (walking). I'll shoot the picture with a low shutter speed so I can caption the motion of walking and have my subject turning his head.
Location: anywhere with a clean wall and floor
Props: My stepdad (Kevin), Allie, a briefcase
Format- horizontal
Subject placement- I'll place the walking man, Kevin, to the far right of the image because I don't want it to look like he has any more space to look into. I want the shadow of Allie lurking at the left of the image.
Background- White/light wall
POV- 0º angle from straight on
Lighting- Low exposure
Clothing- formal business suit
Subject- Clean cut and panicked
    D. The low lighting and low shutter speed will help. 


Phasmophobia- Fear of ghosts
What am I shooting?: I'll be shooting a queasy looking photo of Allie (slightly illuminated) standing in my hallway.
Location- Luckily, I have a very long, dark, and scary hallway in my house. I will definitely be shooting this picture there.
Props: Allie, a flashlight (lighting)
Format- Vertical
Subject placement- I'll place Allie in the centre of the image because I want it to seem pretty static. She'll be maybe 9 or so feet away from the camera.
Background- If you were to look down my hallway, you'd see a bunch of doors in the background. I'll probably open them slightly.
POV- I'll probably shoot at a 0º angle.
Lighting- The photo will be low-lit and warm toned
Clothing- I'll put my model in a white dress. 
Subject- Allie has curly hair, so I'll tease it with a comb, so it looks ratty. You won't see much of her face, but I'll have her look just a little to the left of the camera lens.
    D. The subject and lighting will make the image look scarier.


---With one image, and I'm not sure which, I might use the flash and put a (transparent) coloured sheet of paper over it so the image is coloured.---




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACADEMIC SHOOT REFLECTION

CHOOSING A BOOK In this photograph, I demonstrate the rule of balance. The subject in this image is the student. I think it is somewhat clear that the subject in this image is the student, but  it could also be the books. I should have had her more in focus. CONVERSATION AMONGST WORLD HISTORY STUDENTS I think this photo is framed well. The Subjects in this image are the two boys in the blue plaid and red, grey, and black hoodie. I do not think it is very clear who the subjects are because of the side angle this photo was taken at, so I should have taken it from a different angle. PEER REFLECTION This image depicts simplicity. I think it is clear that the subject is the girl wearing the dark blue flannel and the girl in the black shirt because they are the most in-focus.  WORKING LIBRARIAN  This photograph demonstrates the rule of thirds. There is not much going on in the centre of the image. It is clear that the subject is the librar...

Portfolios Pt. 2

Do not agree: I do not agree with the fac that "there's no crying in sports photography." An athlete in tears after a game was lost has a similar impact as a photo of a celebrating athlete after a game is won. Agree: The tobogganing photo is beauiful. There's a nice light to it and the trees in the background add a nice touch. Great dynamics.