Skip to main content

Shutterbug Websites (2 post day)

Shutterbug Websites

        The Website DIYPhotography (https://www.diyphotography.net) is intended to inform beginner photographers about simple camera hacks, different photography techniques, lighting tips, and many more tips and tricks that make a good photo. For the most part, they write about new hardware that aids the proccess of photography, preview images taken on the latest camera model, give some advice, and sometimes, photographers share their experiences shooting and provide readers with insight on what elements they used to create their stunning photos. For example, photographer Leon Yakabov posted an article titled "How I Shot A Nightmarish Mirrored Cat Using Strobes, Constant Light And Gels," which I'm sure will come in handy for photograpehrs that are learnign how to encoorperate more unique elements and props into his or hers photo. 
        DIYPhotography is definately a very useful website, for an average viewer could easily navigate to an article that gives them all the latest updates in the photography world and they could find some cool photo taking hacks while they're at it. This contributes to the fact that I definately reccommend this website to new photographers (as myself) because it's not only is it very convenient and simple it's very entertaining and useful.

I give DIYPhotography a 5/5 rating. The website is very entertaining.

Something I learned: derrived from the article "How To Photograph Dangerous Animals From Up Close Without Approaching Them"
        In 2009, Wildlife Photographer Will Burrard-Lucas came up with a "camera buggy" called Bettle Cam that enables photographers to snap pics of dangerous wildlife without getting up-close and personal. It's pretty much the same concept as the mars rover. The Beetle Cam allows one to take photos of animals at a wide angle point of view, which is rare, considering wild angles are achieved by moving closer, as opposed to zooming in. With his Camera Buggy, Burrard snapped pictures of lions and many other potentially dangerous animals. However, Burrard notes that his invention is virtually useless when it comes to photographing shy animals because the thing scares them off. But, he also invented "camera traps," a stationary camera with a sensor, to counteract that issue. Overall, I learned a lot of things from reading this short, 7 paragraph article. This contributes to the idea that the website DIYPhotography is very helpful and simple.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACADEMIC SHOOT REFLECTION

CHOOSING A BOOK In this photograph, I demonstrate the rule of balance. The subject in this image is the student. I think it is somewhat clear that the subject in this image is the student, but  it could also be the books. I should have had her more in focus. CONVERSATION AMONGST WORLD HISTORY STUDENTS I think this photo is framed well. The Subjects in this image are the two boys in the blue plaid and red, grey, and black hoodie. I do not think it is very clear who the subjects are because of the side angle this photo was taken at, so I should have taken it from a different angle. PEER REFLECTION This image depicts simplicity. I think it is clear that the subject is the girl wearing the dark blue flannel and the girl in the black shirt because they are the most in-focus.  WORKING LIBRARIAN  This photograph demonstrates the rule of thirds. There is not much going on in the centre of the image. It is clear that the subject is the librar...

Portfolios Pt. 2

Do not agree: I do not agree with the fac that "there's no crying in sports photography." An athlete in tears after a game was lost has a similar impact as a photo of a celebrating athlete after a game is won. Agree: The tobogganing photo is beauiful. There's a nice light to it and the trees in the background add a nice touch. Great dynamics.