Skip to main content

Sensory Overload

"I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said

What do you think about this statement?
Do you agree or disagree?
As an aspiring photographer how does this make you feel about your photography?

I think Seymour's statement is based off personal experience, thus making it innacurate to relate his idea to the whole world. For the most part I agree because sometimes, more materialistic people value objects more. However, that is not always the case with people that value friendship and life experience, as opposed to materialism.
As an aspiring photographer, looking at Seymour's photo's is inspiring. I guess he's hinting that it's the story of the photo that matters more than most things.

I definately wanted to visit the market when I was looking through the images.

I think it would be very hectic and overwhelming for a child to work there.

My favourtie photo is of the shop with stuffed animals stacked on the shelves on the walls, and some even hanging from the ceeling. The subject is in a seemingly good mood at the cash register. The photo is very colourful/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ACADEMIC SHOOT REFLECTION

CHOOSING A BOOK In this photograph, I demonstrate the rule of balance. The subject in this image is the student. I think it is somewhat clear that the subject in this image is the student, but  it could also be the books. I should have had her more in focus. CONVERSATION AMONGST WORLD HISTORY STUDENTS I think this photo is framed well. The Subjects in this image are the two boys in the blue plaid and red, grey, and black hoodie. I do not think it is very clear who the subjects are because of the side angle this photo was taken at, so I should have taken it from a different angle. PEER REFLECTION This image depicts simplicity. I think it is clear that the subject is the girl wearing the dark blue flannel and the girl in the black shirt because they are the most in-focus.  WORKING LIBRARIAN  This photograph demonstrates the rule of thirds. There is not much going on in the centre of the image. It is clear that the subject is the librar...

Portfolios Pt. 2

Do not agree: I do not agree with the fac that "there's no crying in sports photography." An athlete in tears after a game was lost has a similar impact as a photo of a celebrating athlete after a game is won. Agree: The tobogganing photo is beauiful. There's a nice light to it and the trees in the background add a nice touch. Great dynamics.